Re: [Orgmode] "export and browse" invokes lynx?

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] "export and browse" invokes lynx?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:10:40 +0000 (GMT)

--- Ven 20/2/09, Yuval Hager <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> Although I have 'browse-url-browser-function' set
> up correctly
> (browse-url-kde), when I try to "export and browse
> immediately", it fires
> lynx, which is not what I want.
>
> I dug up a bit, and found that it uses org-file-apps
> instead, but I can't
> decipher how to use/modify it (obviously I am lacking on
> the elisp side).
>
> org-file-apps is a variable defined in `org.el'.
> Its value is
> ((auto-mode . emacs)
>  ("\\.x?html?\\'" . default)
>  ("\\.pdf\\'" . default))
>
> org-file-apps-defaults-gnu is a variable defined in
> `org.el'.
> Its value is
> ((remote . emacs)
>  (system . mailcap)
>  (t . mailcap))

look at what is written in your /home/you/.mailcap file;

"Mailcap files are used to configure how MIME-aware applications such as mail
readers and Web browsers react to files with different MIME types."[1]
[1]
http://linux.duke.edu/~mstenner/free-docs/python-2.2/lib/module-mailcap.html

> PS - How do people on this list wrap text areas with the
> nice ASCII marks?

FAQ: boxquote.el
please read:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2009-01/msg00321.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2009-01/msg00155.html

cheers
Giovanni

      Passa a Yahoo! Mail.

La webmail che ti offre GRATIS spazio illimitato,
antispam e messenger integrato.
http://it.mail..yahoo.com/