Re: [Orgmode] scheduled item taking time from inactive time stamp

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] scheduled item taking time from inactive time stamp
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:08:05 +0000

Matthew Lundin writes:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden>, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden>
> writes:
>
> > Would something like
> >
> >   * TODO $U %?
> >
> > still work (or with %t instead of %U obviously)?
>
> I just tried this and it worked for me (i.e., showed up in the agenda).
> But I'm sure there are finer points that I'm missing.
>
> Best,
> Matt

And I have also tried it.  And that fixes the problem (which I hadn't
yet noticed) of an improperly formatted TODO entry.

However, my original question still stands: does it really make sense
for org-mode's agenda view to take the "time" for an activity that has
been scheduled for that day from an inactive time stamp when the
active one in the SCHEDULE entry has no time element?

I can use %u to not have the time in the inactive time stamp but
that's simply avoiding the issue... something I am happy to do if need
be but would rather like to avoid!  :-)