Re: [Orgmode] scheduled item taking time from inactive time stamp

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] scheduled item taking time from inactive time stamp
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:44:38 +0000

Carsten Dominik writes:
> > However, my original question still stands: does it really make sense
> > for org-mode's agenda view to take the "time" for an activity that has
> > been scheduled for that day from an inactive time stamp when the
> > active one in the SCHEDULE entry has no time element?
>
> The reason for this behavior is that I wanted to support things like
>
> * TODO Meeting at 2pm
>    <2009-01-01 Thu>
>
> i.e. loose time information that may be in the header.
>
> The regular expression looking for a time also matches the
> time you had in the time stamp.

Ah, okay, that makes perfect sense.  Thanks!  I guess I don't think of
having the time and date separate ever but I can where others might
like that.

> I think the right approach is to not put the time stamp into the
> header line at all.  Why would you want the *creation* time in such
> an exposed place????

It's because I sometimes want to sort entries according to date/time
of creation as opposed to date/time of actual activity performed.  I
can work around this without difficulty, I think, so thanks all again
for all the input!