[Orgmode] Jump to Heading Body, Create Plain List Item

From: Peter Jones
Subject: [Orgmode] Jump to Heading Body, Create Plain List Item
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:24:58 -0700

I've been reading through the code, and I don't think this is possible
yet, but I wanted to double check before I wrote something.

I'd like a function that would do the following:

 1) Move to the "body" of a heading (skipping drawers and the like)

 2) Create the "body" if necessary (when there are no lines between
    sibling headings or between drawers and a sibling heading)

 3) Append a new plain list item (or create a new plain list if there
    wasn't one there already)

I find myself doing this many times during the day:

 1) Create a new heading, and clock in

 2) Move point past the clock drawer

 3) Create a blank line under the drawer

 4) Create a list item

It would be super cool if I could just hit a key on a heading, and it
would append a new plain list item and move point there.  I would
probably bind M-RET to this function, since I use C-RET to create new
headings.

Does this exist?  I'll write it otherwise.

--
Peter Jones, http://pmade.com
pmade inc.  Louisville, CO US