[Orgmode] Re: removal of appointments

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: removal of appointments
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:35:34 +0530

Richard's question makes me wonder about org and diary integration.
Whats the good/proper way of doing that?
Bastien's note in org2rem says that perhaps orgmode makes remind
unnecessary but interoperability wont hurt.
The org docs themselves seem to say that org and diary are
complementary but Im not quite getting how.

Sorry if I am a little dull here but this is one of those things I
most want to get but somehow or other cannot bend my head around.

This is also related to another question (also from Richard?) about
archiving more to his taste.
To my mind this is a special case of a more general problem (or
stupidity of mine?) that I am suffering
Things like (a) TODO lists, diaries etc are 'live'. By contrast (b)
Files are 'dead' (or inanimate at least)
Activities like archiving move from (a) to (b)
Processes like org/diary/cron etc etc move from (b) to (a)

An effective use of tools like emacs/org (for say GTD) depends on
smoothing these transitions.
Some of my posts on the emacs list eg
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2009-03/msg00268.html
-- seemingly unrelated to org -- is actually about the other side of this.

Any thoughts/tips on this much appreciated