Re: [Orgmode] Announcing my Python module to read org-mode files

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Announcing my Python module to read org-mode files
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 08:35:32 +0000

Over the last couple of months I have developed a Python module
to read an org-mode file and return the nodes as a list
of objects.  The module is the basis of a Python/TK GUI
program to display a "Word of the Day" (another article
will be published about this program soon).

I hope the module is of interest to Python programmers!

Charles,

That looks very interesting. Amongst other uses it opens the way to produce customized Web pages via mod_python, which in some circumstances would be easier than tweaking the current org export function.

I have been experimenting with producing html exported pages optimized for my Nokia N95. At the moment I detect the browser string and then apply a different style sheet for the mobile version. However, this does have limitations, apart from those arising from my lack of css skills.

Using mod_python I can produce completely different output depending on the detected browser.

Ian.