[Orgmode] Orgstruct-mode with custom outline-regexp (was: can the symbol

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Orgstruct-mode with custom outline-regexp (was: can the symbol for leading stars be changed?)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:21:51 +0100

Hi Carsten,

>> I wonder if I cannot make `orgstruct-mode' work the same way.  I've
>> always thought that it uses `outline-regexp' for the cycling and
>> stuff, but maybe I'm wrong.  What's the correct regexp that's used
>> for `org-cycle'?  `org-complex-heading-regexp'?
>
> org-cycle does use outline-regexp, so this will work fine.

Hm, it does work with "M-x org-cycle" (then it toggles between FOLDED
and CHILDREN, but not SUBTREE), but with TAB nothing happens.

,----
| <tab> runs the command orgstruct-hijacker-command-102, which is an interactive
| Lisp function.
|
| It is bound to <tab>.
|
| (orgstruct-hijacker-command-102 arg)
|
| In Structure, run `org-cycle'.
| Outside of structure, run the binding of `[(tab)]' or `       '.
`----

Here's the test file:

;;* Heading 1

(setq foo 1)

;;** SubHeading 1.1

(+ 1 1) ;; test

;;** SubHeading 1.2

(defun foo () nil)

;;* Heading 2

(defun bar () nil)

;;** SubHeading 2.1

(+ 7 7)

When I hit C-c C-c which should allow setting tags, it tells me

  org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c: C-c C-c can do nothing useful at this location.

although I'm on a headline and the value of outline regexp is:

,----
| outline-regexp is a variable defined in `outline.el'.
| Its value is ";;[*]+ "
| Local in buffer test.el; global value is "[*\f]+"
`----

The only thing that comes into my mind is that those hijacker commands
use a hardcoded outline-regexp or an earlier value of outline-regexp.
Yeah, that seems to be the case.  When I use only stars, the key
bindings work.

Carsten, could you change that, so that the hijackers use the current
value of outline-regexp?

> However, for much other functionality, including demotion and
> promotion, stars are hard-coded.

Cycling would be more than enough for me.  I just want to have a good
structure in my code files where I can easily toggle the visibility.
Basically, `outline-minor-mode' does what I want, but org cycling is
still better.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Chuck Norris sheds his skin twice a year.