[Orgmode] More Flexibility for Stuck Projects?

From: Peter Jones
Subject: [Orgmode] More Flexibility for Stuck Projects?
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:01:03 -0600

I really love the idea of stuck projects, it helps me every day.  Right
now, I consider projects to be level two headings with the :project:
tag.  90% of my projects follow this convention.

However, I sometimes find myself needing sub-projects, where level two
is a project, level three is a sub-project, and level four are tasks:

* Projects                :project:
** Some Complex Project
*** Sub-Project 1         :subproject:
**** NEXT Do something
**** Do something else
*** Sub-Project 2         :subproject:
**** Do something again

With the above headings, and my current configuration for stuck
projects, Sub-Project 2 won't show up in the stuck projects list
(because technically it's not a stuck project).

Does anyone have a setting for org-stuck-projects that would allow me to
define a project as either:

1. A level 2 heading tagged :project:

2. A level 3 heading tagged :subproject:

Or a better way to do what I'm doing.

The biggest challenge to getting this working is that I use tag
inheritance with the :project: tag.  In some files I have level 1
headings tagged :project:, and in others, I use file level tags with
:project:.  That means that all headings are basically tagged as
:project:, so I need to specify a heading level for stuck projects.

TIA.

--
Peter Jones, http://pmade.com
pmade inc.  Louisville, CO US