Re: [Orgmode] a small remember suggestion

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] a small remember suggestion
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 00:22:31 +1000

Wasn't going to say anything but at risk of sticking my foot in my mouth:

I learned that the convention for naming backups in Emacs is they end in ~.  Is it possible that if this is done, Emacs will automatically use the mechanism that is available to keep a given number of old versions and a given number of new versions?  For example, I have this in my .emacs:

(setq kept-old-versions 2)
(setq kept-new-versions 4)
(setq delete-old-versions t)

Alan Davis

"An inviscid theory of flow renders the screw useless, but the need for one non-existent."                     ---Lord Raleigh (John William Strutt), or else his son, who was also a scientist.

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
    ---- Bertrand Russell