[Orgmode] Workflow Ideas/questions

From: David Thole
Subject: [Orgmode] Workflow Ideas/questions
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:51:00 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

I was thinking a bit about my workflow with org-mode, and I'm thinking
that I should change up a bit of how I'm doing stuff.  Basically what I do
now is use org-mode for my GTD stuff (that is, ticket management, notes
about tickets, etc), and then use muse mode for other stuff.

Right now my structure is:
ris.org = my tickets specific to work
work.org = my work tasks that aren't tickets
home.org = my home tasks

The problem I have now is that I use muse-mode for project notes, which
can be on multiple machines sometimes. So the agenda itself loads those
three org files to display the ris/work/home tasks, and I use follow mode
and add a few notes here and there to the tickets, (ris.org files that
is).

So really my curious workflow questions are:
* Ticket information - SQL statement, code, etc..that can get pretty
verbose.  Is a drawer OK for that? How do others handle that information
* Meeting notes - would another org file be useful for that?  If I want to
publish the file into something that could have a TOC and all that...I
don't know how to explain this better, I kinda want something to be able
to view this through a browser sometimes.  *shrug* some ideas on this
would be helpful
* Organization - Could I organize things more efficiently?  Thinking of
maybe using properties drawer a bit more.

General ideas would be appreciative.  Thanks for the help.

-David