Re: [Orgmode] bug: using remember can cause data corruption in other buf

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bug: using remember can cause data corruption in other buffers
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 04:40:18 +0100

On Mar 26, 2009, at 4:13 AM, Samuel Wales wrote:

Hi Carsten,

The following form in org-remember.el appears to set the global value.

   (setq auto-save-visited-file-name t)

This is the right thing for remember buffers, but it should be
buffer-local.  It could lead to data corruption in other buffers if
you make changes that you don't intend to be permanent.

I think that

 (set (make-variable-buffer-local ...) t)

would fix it.

Applied, thanks.

This might or might not also fix a bug where emacs thinks that another
process is locking the file that is currently being edited.  I don't
know why.

Once this is fixed, I recommend that everybody who used git within the
last day or so, and I think set the remember directory

Yes, this wil only have caused a problem for people who actually set the backup
directory.

Thank you.

- Carsten