[Orgmode] Footnotes bug

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Footnotes bug
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:34:32 -0500

Hi Carsten,

I would like to report a bug in org-footnote. I have set
org-footnote-define-inline to t. I also have the following settings:

(setq org-footnote-section nil)
(setq org-footnote-auto-label nil)

When I call org-footnote-action, footnotes are entered inline, as
expected. But when I call org-footnote-action with an argument and then
select "sort," footnote definitions are created at the bottom of the
section (as expected), but the inline footnote definition is not
removed, leading to duplicate definitions. If I sort again, a duplicate
set of definitions is created at the bottom of the file.

The following progession should help to illustrate what I mean.

1. Inline footnotes

,----
| #+startup: fninline
|
| * Test
|
| Footnote one.[fn:one: This is a footnote.] Footnote two.[fn:two: This
| is another footnote.]
`----

2. After the first sort

,----
| #+startup: fninline
|
| * Test
|
| Footnote one.[fn:one: This is a footnote.] Footnote two.[fn:two: This
| is another footnote.]
|
| [fn:one] This is a footnote.
|
| [fn:two] This
| is another footnote.
`----

3. After a second sort.

,----
| #+startup: fninline
|
| * Test
|
| Footnote one.[fn:one: This is a footnote.] Footnote two.[fn:two: This
| is another footnote.]
|
| [fn:one] This is a footnote.
|
| [fn:two] This
| is another footnote.