Re: [Orgmode] How to define TODOs within continuous text the best way?

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to define TODOs within continuous text the best way?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 03:06:16 +0200

Karl Maihofer <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your answer!
>
> Sebastian Rose schrieb:
>> Yes, this is possible. By default only the first three levels are
>> exported as headlines. Any headline that is deeper nested, is exported
>> as a list item.
>>
>> The variable in question is
>>
>>    `org-export-headline-levels'
>
> OK, I see. But now the text below the TODO-item is still part of the
> list. So it is indented - in html.

Hmmm - true - how are those todo items related to the rest of the text?

Todos in Org-mode are geared for TODO lists, not as annotations or
sidenotes.

> Another idea: Why not simply use comments?
>
> #+HTML: <!--
> #+LaTeX: \begin{comment}
> * TODO Test
> #+LaTeX: \end{comment}
> #+HTML: -->
>
> I think, this should work for me.
>
> The only problem now is to exclude the TODO from the HTML-generated
> Table of Contents. Using "#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: exclude" does not work.
> Perhaps a bug in the html-export?

http://orgmode.org/Changes.html#sec-19.3.4

 --->8----------------------------->8----------------------------->8---

* TODO not exported but in agena                     :noexport:

 ---8<-----------------------------8<-----------------------------8<---

works here.

> That looks nice. But I think this is not the right solution for me?! For
> me it is important that the TODOs are recognized by Org-Mode so that I
> can jump to the position within my document using the agenda. In the
> exported version of the file it is no problem when the TODOs are missing.

What about using links to those TODO items?

 --->8----------------------------->8----------------------------->8---

* headline

  This is the text with a [[todo-1][TODO-link]] inline...

 .... more content here, sections, lists, whatever...

# <<todo-1>>
* TODO This is the TODO

  This TODO will show up in the agenda.

 ---8<-----------------------------8<-----------------------------8<---

or

 --->8----------------------------->8----------------------------->8---

* headline

  This is the text with a [[Clean the garage]] inline...

.... more content here, sections, lists, whatever...

* TODO <<Clean the garage>>

  This TODO will show up in the agenda.

???

This is all I can think of so far. Not exactly what you're looking for,
but maybe some of this or combinations from it might help.

  - Sebastian