Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-fstree 0.2

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-fstree 0.2
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 08:39:33 +0200

Should this be in contrib/lisp/ ?

- Carsten

On Mar 29, 2009, at 7:10 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

Thanks Andreas, this is great. Especially the filtering and
non-recursive behaviour.

 Sebastian

Andreas Burtzlaff <address@hidden> writes:
Hello Sebastian,

new version 0.2 available.
http://www.burtzlaff.de/org-fstree/org-fstree.el

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 03:57:36 +0200
Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> wrote:

Andreas Burtzlaff <address@hidden> writes:
 * a customizable list of directory names to skip.
   '("CVS" "_MTN" ".git" ".hg" "RCS") might be a good default.
 * Add directory names to the skip list
   #+begin fstree -sd (nogo notes)
 * Skip files by suffix
   #+begin fstree -sf (.jpg .gif ...)

Both implemented with the new options :exclude-regexp-name and :exclude-regexp-fullpath
From the documentation:
- :exclude-regexp-name <list of regexp strings> , exclude file/ directory names matching either of the given regexp expressions
      Examples:
:exclude-regexp-name (".*\\.pdf$" ".*\\.zip$"), excludes files/directories ending with either ".pdf" or ".zip" :exclude-regexp-name ("^\\.git$") , excludes files/ directories named ".git"

- :exclude-regexp-fullpath <list of regexp strings>, same as :exclude-regexp-name but matches absolute path to file/directory

 * Maybe require the option `-r' to be recursive.

Is implemented as an option now:
:non-recursive t

 * Add a slash to the directory names to make the list more
   readable. As an alternative, I could imagine to use folder icons
like speedbar, or use headlines without links for directories (the
   links all look the same, wether they are headlines or leaves).

I added  "[D]" for directories and "[ ]" for files in the headline.
While that looks quite nice imho, I'm still looking for a more appealing formatting for the backlinks. I've tried to add the backlinks as properties "Link1", "Link2",... , but links are shown as text in the column view.

Use column view for the links (EXPERIMENTAL):
*** Test Tree
   :PROPERTIES:
   :COLUMNS:  %40ITEM %Link1 %Link2 %Link3 %Link4
   :END:

#+BEGIN_FSTREE: ~/tmp/ :non-recursive t :links-as-properties t

Any ideas?

Andreas

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover
Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472