Re: [Orgmode] Footnotes bug

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Footnotes bug
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:26:40 +0200

Hi Matt,

On Mar 28, 2009, at 4:34 AM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

Hi Carsten,

I would like to report a bug in org-footnote. I have set
org-footnote-define-inline to t. I also have the following settings:

(setq org-footnote-section nil)
(setq org-footnote-auto-label nil)

When I call org-footnote-action, footnotes are entered inline, as
expected. But when I call org-footnote-action with an argument and then
select "sort," footnote definitions are created at the bottom of the
section (as expected),

I believe this expectation is wrong for inline footnotes which
should be left alone when only sorting footnotes.  That was a
bug which I fixed now.  Let me know if I am missing something here.

- Carsten

but the inline footnote definition is not
removed, leading to duplicate definitions. If I sort again, a duplicate
set of definitions is created at the bottom of the file.

The following progession should help to illustrate what I mean.

1. Inline footnotes

,----
| #+startup: fninline
|
| * Test
|
| Footnote one.[fn:one: This is a footnote.] Footnote two.[fn:two: This
| is another footnote.]
`----

2. After the first sort

,----
| #+startup: fninline
|
| * Test
|
| Footnote one.[fn:one: This is a footnote.] Footnote two.[fn:two: This
| is another footnote.]
|
| [fn:one] This is a footnote.
|
| [fn:two] This
| is another footnote.
`----

3. After a second sort.

,----
| #+startup: fninline
|
| * Test
|
| Footnote one.[fn:one: This is a footnote.] Footnote two.[fn:two: This
| is another footnote.]
|
| [fn:one] This is a footnote.
|
| [fn:two] This
| is another footnote.