Re: [Orgmode] Bug if `org-refile-use-outline-path' is set to 'file

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug if `org-refile-use-outline-path' is set to 'file
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:56:52 +0200

Hi Tassilo,

There are two things to this.

First, there was a bug (now fixed) which caused the file name to show up twice, both as part of the outline path, and then behind it in parenthesis.

Fixed now.

The second part of the story is that you have org-outline-path- complete-in-steps set to t, which means that the first headline level will only show up when you have completed the file name.

HTH.

- Carsten

On Apr 1, 2009, at 9:56 AM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

Hi all,

the docs state:

,----[ C-h v org-refile-use-outline-path RET ]
| org-refile-use-outline-path is a variable defined in `org.el'.
| Its value is t
|
| Documentation:
| Non-nil means, provide refile targets as paths.
| So a level 3 headline will be available as level1/level2/level3.
| When the value is `file', also include the file name (without directory)
| into the path.  When `full-file-path', include the full file path.
`----

With the current setting t I get completions like

    head1/head2 (file1.org)

which is nice, but I'd prefer

    file1.org/head1/head2

To me the docs sound like 'file would do that and the customize option
strengthen this by saying "Start with file". Unfortunately, then I get
completions like

    file1.org/ (file1.org)

with no headlines at all.

I'm using a current git version on Emacs 23.

Bye,
Tassilo