Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-protocol://remember:// question

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-protocol://remember:// question
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 15:39:23 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
> But one question remains.  Do I have to do some special quoting in order
> to allow the protocol to split URL, TITLE and TEXT correctly?  Let's say
> I do
>
>   emacsclient -c \
>   'org-protocol:/remember:/http://www.google.de/the search engine/bla fasel
> bla'
>
> the link (%c) looks like [[http:][www.google.de]] which in not quite
> correct.

Yes. The best is to URL-encode the fields.

The slash is used as field separator for the following reason:

emacsclient compresses double or tripple slashes to one ("//" -> "/"),
which means those double slashes won't survive a call.

  http://www.google.de/the search engine/

    would become

  http:/www.google.de/the search engine/

Hence we must encode slashes anyway. Double slashes are quite common on
web pages and could also reside in their titles.

But you could use any string as separator in custom handlers.

Best,

   Sebastian