Re: [Orgmode] Trouble with Properties and Sparse Trees/Agenda View

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Trouble with Properties and Sparse Trees/Agenda View
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 23:15:38 +0200

Hi Tom,

welcome back.

Your search fails because "-" is an operator in tags/property searches.
Therefore it should not be used as a character in a property name.

A search

   Contact-Name="Shannon"

will search for entries that do have the tag "Contact", but that do
not have a property "Name" with the value "Shannon".

You need to use Contact_Name or ContactName or something like this
for your property names.

Hope this helps

- Carsten

P.S. I do now realize that this restriction is not enforced or even
described in the manual.  Actually, I would like to have "-" in
property names, but how to disambiguate this is a search?  The best
is to avoid the dash...