Re: [Orgmode] org-map-entries doesn't understand deletions

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-map-entries doesn't understand deletions
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 13:48:53 +0200

Hi Samuel,

you are quite right.

The mapping function does wrap the call to your action
function into a save-excursion form that assumes to return
to the beginning of the headline.  It then jumps to the end
of that line and continues search from there.

This is by design, because it allows "quick and dirty" uses
of the mapper without having to take care where the cursor is
after the function call.  And is does the right thing in all
cases where meta data of the entry at point i changed.

But you are also right, that for your application this does
not work out right.

To remidy this situation, get the latest git version.

Your action function may now set the variable
`org-map-continue-from-here' to the buffer position
from where you wish to continue the search.  In your case
you would now remove you attempt to fix this

   (outline-previous-visible-heading 1)))

and replace it with

   (setq org-map-continue-from (point))))

This should fix the problems.