Re: [Orgmode] Org dependencies request

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org dependencies request
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 08:44:32 +0200

Hi Matt,

work-around:

C-u C-u C-u C-c C-t

will switch off all dependency checking
for the duration of this command.

- Carsten

On Apr 8, 2009, at 12:34 AM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

I have started using dependencies in org-mode to make sure that I have
completed all todos in a project before marking it done. There are,
however, some projects that I would like to exclude from dependency
tracking. For example, I have a multi-step project for paying the rent
every month:

,----
| * PROJECT Pay Rent
|   DEADLINE: <2009-05-01 Fri +1m -10d>
|   :PROPERTIES:
|   :LOGGING:  lognoterepeat
|   :END:
| ** TODO Check bank account to make sure there's enough money for rent :computer:
|    SCHEDULED: <2009-04-20 Mon +1m>
| ** TODO Write rent check                                             :home:
|    SCHEDULED: <2009-04-30 Thu +1m>
| ** Drop off rent                                                  :errands:
|    SCHEDULED: <2009-04-30 Thu +1m>
`----

I would like to be able to switch the Pay Rent project to done in order
to add a note and timestamp to mark its completion. But my global
dependency setting blocks this, since the todos below are repeating and
thus immediately get turned back to todos when they are done. Hence my
request: Would it be possible to add a property that would prevent
dependency checking on certain headlines? E.g.,

:DEPENDENCIES: t

or

:DEPENDENCIES: nil

Since we already have an ORDERED switch, I think this would be a nice
addition.

Thanks in advance for considering the request.

- Matt