Re: [Orgmode] Changing multiple dates en masse

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Changing multiple dates en masse
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 10:40:06 +0200

Hi Mark,

there is nothing like that built-in.

However, here is how I would do this:

I am assuming that each of the classes has a SCHEDULED date, maybe
you created the list of entries with `org-clone-subtree-with-timeshift'.
I am also assuming that these are children from some parent like

* Course
** Lecture 1
   SCHEDULED <..>
** Lecture 2
   SCHEDULED <..>

etc.

I would:

1. put the cursor on the "Course" headline.
2. Press `C-c C-x <' to restrict agenda commands to that tree
3. Press `C-c a L' to get the time line view
4. Move the cursor to the first entry that should be shifted,
   maybe "Lecture 5"
5. Press `C-x (' to start a keyboard macro.
6. Press `7 S-right' to shift the date.
7. Move the cursor down to the next lecture (still
   all the time in the agenda)
8. Press `C-x )' to end the keyboard macro
9. Press `C-x e' to execute the keyboard macro
   for the next entry, etc etc
10. Press `C-c C-x >' to remove the agenda restriction

Org-mode is running in Emacs, don't forget that the full
power of Emacs is available in addition to what Org-mode
can do.

HTH

- Carsten