Re: [Orgmode] matching color themes with org mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] matching color themes with org mode
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 18:53:41 +0200

Hi Rustom,

On Apr 11, 2009, at 5:03 PM, Rustom Mody wrote:

The only 'color-theme' Ive been able to use so far is to set background to wheat.

I am now trying some more attractive (aka darker) color themes

Now I have

(custom-set-faces
 '(org-hide ((((background light)) (:foreground "wheat")))))

which is done to hide stars in org mode. [That's a fearful number of '('s even for an ol-lisper!]

I would like to generalize "wheat" to "whatever is the background color"

I don't think you can do it easily in the face definition, but later you can do

(set-face-attribute 'org-hide nil
                    :foreground
                    (face-attribute 'default :background))

HTH