Re: [Orgmode] #+include: export header lines

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] #+include: export header lines
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:35:17 -0400

> Hi Dan,
>
> special lines like #+OPTIONS are only parsed if the file is
> pointed to with
>
> #+SETUPFILE: "~/src/common/org-header.org"
>
> HTH

Yes that's what I was looking for, thanks!

> - Carsten
>
> P.S.  Where should we have had what documentation
> to make this easier for you to find?

Here are some suggestions. I could try to make a patch if that is
helpful? Does one just edit the org.texi manually? I've edited my copy
of org.texi as follows, but it didn't compile on make doc [see error
at end]

* [14.3 Summary of in-buffer settings]
  It might be logical to include the export options in this summary so
  that all the #+SOMETHING: options are together. Alternatively a link
  to [12.3 Export options] would be helpful in the initial text at
  node 14.3, i.e. around line 9642 in org.texi

* #+SETUPFILE doesn't get an index entry
  So would that be a case of adding
  @cindex #+SETUPFILE
  on e.g. line 9691?

* Make connections from node [12.3 Export options] to [14.3 Summary of
in-buffer settings]
  Something like this at line 8151?

  For a summary of other in-buffer settings not
  specifically related to export, see @ref{Summary of in-buffer settings}.
  In particular, note that you can place commonly-used (export) options in
  a separate file which can be included using @code{#+SETUPFILE}.

[
Although that doesn't compile for me; I've never used texinfo before.
/usr/local/src/org-mode> make doc
(cd doc; makeinfo --html --number-sections --no-split -o org.html org.texi)
/usr/local/src/org-mode/doc//org.texi:8152: Cross reference to nonexistent node
`Summary of in-buffer settings' (perhaps incorrect sectioning?).
]

Dan