Re: [Orgmode] Bold links not working

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bold links not working
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:20:05 +0200

Difficult to fix, I am afraid.

- Carsten

On Apr 13, 2009, at 3:45 AM, Daniel Clemente wrote:

 With org-mode 6.25trans from git from right now, I get this output:

 From this input:

A *[[destination][bold link]]*, a *bold word*.

 Both links are however correctly hightlighted with a bold face.

At the moment I don't know if this is a regression or did never work before. I have seen that [[destination][*bold link*]] works, but writing *some words and a [[d][bold]] link* is an easier syntax than *some bold words* [[d][*and a bold link*]].

The problem seeems to be in org-html-expand. It is breaking the line in these parts:
- "A *"
- "[[destination][bold link]]"
- "*, a *bold word*."
…and calling org-html-do-expand on each. But the first part alone does not activate bold because it doesn't match org-emph-re.

What I don't know is how org-html-do-expand could receive the full unbroken string so that it can detect the first bold and yet can't be fooled by asterisks inside the link, as in *[[de][oops* broken]] (this matches org-emph-re).

-- Daniel