Re: [Orgmode] How to view tasks with certain Property tag in Agenda view

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to view tasks with certain Property tag in Agenda view
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 23:07:38 -0400

Varnit Suri <address@hidden> wrote:

> The Agenda view that I see is below (Home, Computer, Work are PROPERTY
> tags).
>
> What I 'd like to do is:
> 1. View tasks with only a specified PROPERTY tag.
> 2. View the main task (if this task is a sub-task) in the Agenda view.

Does

http://orgmode.org/manual/Matching-tags-and-properties.html#Matching-tags-and-properties

help? In your example, I think you'd say something like this (untested):

C-c a m +CATEGORY="Computer" <RET>

BTW, there are many built-in agenda views - you seem to be doing "C-c a a"
which gives you the current week/day agenda view. But if you stop
after "C-c a", you'll be at the agenda dispatcher, which shows you a list
of agenda views. E.g., the "a" key in the dispatcher gives you the weekly
agenda view, the "m" key lets you match tags and properties etc. See

http://orgmode.org/manual/Built_002din-agenda-views.html#Built_002din-agenda-views

for more details. You can even add custom agenda views:

    http://orgmode.org/manual/Custom-agenda-views.html#Custom-agenda-views

HTH,
Nick