[Orgmode] Re: Possible bug with tag inheritance

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Possible bug with tag inheritance
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:12:11 -0400

Cameron Horsburgh <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 09:24:10AM -0400, Bernt Hansen wrote:
>> Cameron Horsburgh <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Sure.
>> >
>> >  '(org-stuck-projects (quote ("+LEVEL=2/-DONE" ("TODO" "NEXT"
>> > "NEXTACTION") ("Info") "
>> >    [State]: EDITED, shown value does not take effect until you set or save
>> > it.")))
>> >

>> I think that's a little messed up.  Can you post what C-h v
>> org-stuck-projects displays (or cut and paste the value out of your
>> custom file?  The [State]: EDITED, ... stuff shouldn't be part of the
>> value.
>
> That's cut straight from my .emacs. The first few lines of C-h v tell me:
>
> org-stuck-projects is a variable defined in `org-agenda.el'.
> Its value is
> ("+LEVEL=2/-DONE"
>  ("TODO" "NEXT" "NEXTACTION")
>  ("Info")
>  "\n   [State]: EDITED, shown value does not take effect until you set or
> save it.")

Okay.  That string is used for regexp matching and probably should not
be there.

  - If this regexp -> "\n   [State]: ...it." matches anywhere in the
    subtree then the project is not stuck.

That's probably not what you want even if matching that exactly string
is unlikely.  If you click on the _customize_ link you'll see what each
value is used for.  You probably just want an empty string there.

Carsten mentioned that inherited tags are not considers for stuck
project matching during the search and you should probably try his
suggestion to see if it works better for your scenario.

-Bernt