Re: [Orgmode] Re: Idea for agenda notifications

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Idea for agenda notifications
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:54:52 -0500

I have emacs w/ org running at all times, and I use a hook with
kdialog to make popup notifications when appointments are due.

I adapted this from someone else's post on using Zenity, I wish I
remembered who so I could credit them.

Here is a snippet from my .emacs:

;; For org appointment reminders

;; Get appointments for today
(defun my-org-agenda-to-appt ()
        (interactive)
        (setq appt-time-msg-list nil)
        (let ((org-deadline-warning-days 0))    ;; will be automatic in org
5.23
          (org-agenda-to-appt)))

(my-org-agenda-to-appt)
(appt-activate t)
(run-at-time "24:01" nil 'my-org-agenda-to-appt)

;; 5 minute warning
(setq appt-message-warning-time '60)
(setq appt-display-interval '15)

;; Update appt each time agenda opened.
(add-hook 'org-finalize-agenda-hook 'my-org-agenda-to-appt)

;; Setup zenify, we tell appt to use window, and replace default function
(setq appt-display-format 'window)
(setq appt-disp-window-function (function my-appt-disp-window))

(defun my-appt-disp-window (min-to-app new-time msg)
        (save-window-excursion (shell-command (concat
      "/usr/bin/kdialog --msgbox '" msg "' &") nil nil)))
))

Enjoy!