Re: [Orgmode] Google calendar

From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Google calendar
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 19:27:04 +0200

Richard Riley schrieb:
> I'd like to get something going between my blackberry and org-mode. I
> guess the best way is probably via Google calendar. Anyone currently
> linking org-mode to Google calendar and if so what process are you
> using?
---Zitatende---

I'm using org-export-icalendar-combine-agenda-files and upload the
resulting ics file to google calendar about once a week.

I'm afraid that's the best I have at the moment. Direct integration of
org-mode with google calendar would be nice and could probably be done
via gclient (an Implementation of google api which is part of the
emacspeak suite) but I didn't look into this yet.

You could also put the ics file on a public webserver and have google
calendar read the ics file via http, if you don't mind that the whole
world sees your appointments (unfortunately I do mind, so that's no
solution for me).

Kind regards
     Friedel
--