Re: [Orgmode] Google calendar

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Google calendar
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 20:17:54 +0200

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <address@hidden> writes:

> Richard Riley schrieb:
>> I'd like to get something going between my blackberry and org-mode. I
>> guess the best way is probably via Google calendar. Anyone currently
>> linking org-mode to Google calendar and if so what process are you
>> using?
> ---Zitatende---
>
> I'm using org-export-icalendar-combine-agenda-files and upload the
> resulting ics file to google calendar about once a week.

Yes, I was looking at that. Googlecalendar's ability to include other
calendars is really cool. And that combined with  gsync to the
blackberry is almost working for me. A few issues at the moment but am
playing. Seems nice.

> I'm afraid that's the best I have at the moment. Direct integration of
> org-mode with google calendar would be nice and could probably be done
> via gclient (an Implementation of google api which is part of the
> emacspeak suite) but I didn't look into this yet.
>
> You could also put the ics file on a public webserver and have google
> calendar read the ics file via http, if you don't mind that the whole
> world sees your appointments (unfortunately I do mind, so that's no
> solution for me).

Yes, I did that. Just "hide it" and don't publish your Google calendar to
anyone but yourself.