Re: [Orgmode] ascii export error

From: Scot Becker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] ascii export error
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:34:43 +0100

I don't have the experience to debug your problem with that error
message, but I can suggest a new install of org-mode to a new
directory, with an attempt to rigorously root out anything that could
be causing the current problem.

Pay careful attention to the possibility of old parts of org-mode
somewhere in your emacs load-path, and by all means make sure your new
full org is at the very front of your load path.  Follow the install
instructions (again) strictly, and (until you get it working) check
your .emacs for anything that might change the default settings of
org.  Comment out any parts of your .emacs that have any potential for
changing org-related things.

Try the new install with 'emacs -Q' (no config file), invoking org
mode on a buffer with M-x org-mode.  Then export.

I suspect that there is some hidden problem with your configuration.
The good thing about this is that you can probably take the drastic
route of building it up again from the ground.  It's quick, and could
work.

Scot