Re: [Orgmode] Font problem with copying subtrees

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Font problem with copying subtrees
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 13:07:01 -0400

> On Apr 24, 2009, at 5:52 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
>
>> I got a chance to try out the new C-c C-x c
>> (org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift) yesterday while doing my quarterly
>> accounting (ugh) and this is much better than the old way I dealt with
>> these repeating tasks.  Thanks!!
>>
>> I noticed a problem with font locking (if that's what you call it)
>> when
>> copying subtrees and supplying a date.
>>
>> I started with the following file:
>>
>> ,----[ x.org ]
>> |
>> | * Level One
>> | ** TODO One
>> | *** TODO One.One
>> | *** TODO One.Two
>> | ** TODO Two
>> | ** TODO Three
>> | *** TODO Three.One
>> | ** TODO Four
>> | * TODO Next thing
>> `----
>>
>> and with the cursor on "* Level One" I did
>> C-c C-x c
>> Number of clones to produce: 1 RET
>> Date shift per clone (e.g. +1w, empty to copy unchanged): +1y
>>
>> and the copied clone was all black text.
>>
>> Of course I just undid it now and redid it and it looks correct :/
>>
>> I noticed this when copying my large-ish subtrees for the accounting
>> quarterly work because tables were not blue, no heading levels were
>> coloured etc.
>>
>> Let me know if you need more information.

> Very strange, so far I cannot reproduce this.
>
> - Carsten

This seems to be flyspell mode that causes this from my org-mode-hook.

,----[ minimal.emacs ]
| (add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/git/org-mode/lisp"))
| (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.\\(org\\|org_archive\\|txt\\)$" .
org-mode))
| (require 'org-install)
| (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
|         (lambda ()
|           (flyspell-mode 1)))
`----

I need to copy the region twice to make it show up.

$ emacs -q -l /tmp/minimal.emacs /tmp/x.org
down arrow (to get to the first heading)
C-c C-x c 1 RET +1w
C-c C-x c 1 RET +1y

the second copy is black.

-Bernt