[Orgmode] Suggestion for demoting collapsed branch

From: Kevin Haddock
Subject: [Orgmode] Suggestion for demoting collapsed branch
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 23:58:48 -0700 (PDT)

When a branch is collapsed (e.g. invisible), demoting the header should demote
all the subnodes also.

For example, if I have:

* a
* b
* c
** ca
** cb
** cd
* d

and I have the cursor on * c and hit alt-right it would just demote * c to **
c, but if c is collapsed ('* c...') hitting alt-right on it should demote * c
to ** c but when I expand * c, ** ca should now be *** ca, ** cb should be ***
cb, etc...

This way I can quickly demote whole sections of the tree by just collapsing
them.  I would think this would be the expected behavior.  Perhaps I am missing
a mechanism to easily do it.  I am pretty new to org-mode.

Thanks for the otherwise great utility,

-Kevin

-----

Enron staff were given note pads with inspiring quotes, such as this by Martin
Luther King Jr:

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter'"

-----

"One World, One Web, One Program" -- Microsoft Promotional Ad
"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuehrer" -- Adolf Hitler

-----

Up next: Huge fruitcake tossing contraptions come under attack by vicious
protesters.  "We love the fruitcake" one exclaims!