[Orgmode] FR: make LaTeX export recognize LANGUAGE option

From: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
Subject: [Orgmode] FR: make LaTeX export recognize LANGUAGE option
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 15:31:09 +0200

Hi,

I couldn't find any references to babel in the mailing list nor in
org-latex.el. I have various latex export class headers, but I
sometimes write in English and sometimes in Norwegian, and this is not
bound to the classes (beamer, ps-article, pdf-article). As it is, I've
had

\usepackage[nynorsk,english]{babel}

in all my class headers, and then eg.
\selectlanguage{nynorsk}
in the org file.

But before printout I've had to go into the .tex-file and remove
whatever language I'm not using, deleting the .aux file and rerunning
latex, since Apacite doesn't recognize the \selectlanguage within the
literature list (eg. I get English "in" and "from" and such).

So, I was wondering if we could have an option to let

#+LANGUAGE: nn

make the header say

\usepackage[nynorsk]{babel}

etc., so that, at least for monolingual documents, one doesn't have to
do all this mucking about with \selectlanguage and deleting .aux
files.

If implemented, I think I might've read somewhere that babel should be
loaded early on in the header, but other people probably know this
better than me. (I guess it shouldn't be too hard to put it on the
line right after \documentclass ?)

Possibly "#+LANGUAGE: nn en" could be used for multilingual documents,
but that seems low priority to me.

best regards,
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer