Re: [Orgmode] Re: File local variables and export?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: File local variables and export?
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 09:25:21 +0200

On May 5, 2009, at 5:15 PM, Jason Riedy wrote:

And Carsten Dominik writes:
I can smuggle the value in by adding an entry to
org-export-plist-vars referring to
org-export-latex-image-default-option and pulling the value from
the plist, but that feels incorrect.

To me it sounds correct, actually.  I have added this, and will
add other variables as needed.

I was thinking about using file locals to pass arguments along to
custom functions...  Carrying a central registry feels funny.   Why
do you prefer org-export-plist-vars?

Because the buffer being exported is not current when
doing the conversion. I know that this is less than ideal,
but it is historically how the exporter developed.

Another possibility would be a way to put arbitrary values into
the property list that is used during export.  The #+OPTIONS line
does this, and we could have something like

#+EXPORT_PROPS: :value "key" .......

which would add properties to the options property list,
and any function could access their values.

- Carsten