Re: [Orgmode] Organize Your Life In Plain Text!

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Organize Your Life In Plain Text!
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 19:22:15 +0100

2009/5/7 Bernt Hansen <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,
>
> At Carsten's request I've started to document how I use org-mode in my
> daily activities.  I plan to cover everything I use org-mode for and
> this document is about half finished at this time.
>
> The current (under construction) document is available at
> http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html and I have added a link to it in
> Worg.
>
> I'll continue working on this document over the next few months but I
> think it has enough information in it already to be useful to other
> people.
>
> Comments and feedback are welcome.

Wow, Bernt!  This is awesome!!! :-) I'm sure it'll be food for thought
for most of us!

So far I've only skimmed it, but want to take a more indepth look at
porting some of your ideas into my (far more limited) workflow.

My only comment so far is that the keybindings table might be better
sorted by 'Used' frequency, so it's easier to see at a glance which
keybindings you find most useful.

I finally managed to look at yasnippet myself yesterday, and found it
to be an awesome edition for any emacs user...  Naturally one of the
first things that occured to me was combining it with org-mode.  To
this end, I was wondering whether you have an org-mode snippet bundle
setup.  If so, I'd be curious to know what snippets you've defined.

Again, thanks a lot for this - it looks like you've got a really nice
practical setup, with many ideas worth stealing!!

R.