Re: [Orgmode] An improvement for a reading of exported HTML tables

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] An improvement for a reading of exported HTML tables
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 11:03:37 +0200

"CD" == Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:

   CD> On May 7, 2009, at 11:38 AM, Jan Buchal wrote:

Hello again,

the problem is little bit complicate :-) I need <th> not in first
row only but by every column which contain the name of row. In
the attachment you can find the example

  CD> That is currently not possible.
And is it possible fix it? From the point of view of accessibility is a
bug.

CD> I would not call it a bug, it is a limitation. Org is not a full CD> HTML table editor, there are many things it cannot do, including
   CD> column and row spanning, multiline fields, you name it.
Unfortunately it is a bug. See please WCAG documentation.

   SR> It's not. It's just something not implemented.

Aha, do you use a screen reader? :-) I bellieve that from your point of
view is something what is not implemented only. You don't need it.
Please try close your eye on one week and work with computer. :-) If an
application has missing accessibility features then is a bug.

Hi Jan,

while I can imagine the constant frustration that people with
accessibility requirements have to face when working in a
world designed without disabilities in mind, I still would
like to disagree.

A bug is something that does not work "as advertised", a feature
that is claimed to be present and working well, but actually is
not present or broken.

Org does not claim to be fully accessible - even though it
is (in connection with Emacs speak) probably a lot more
accessible for blind people than almost any program out
there.  And I will try to improve in this direction
where it makes sense - I just don't like my program to be called
buggy where it is not. :-)

- Carsten

Have a nice day

--