[Orgmode] coloration of faces in pdfs from saving an agenda buffer

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [Orgmode] coloration of faces in pdfs from saving an agenda buffer
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 16:28:43 +1000

I have posted on this problem several weeks ago: when I save an agenda buffer with the brilliant C-u C-x C-w method (naming a file <name>.pdf), I have not been able to produce a pdf that is readable unless the foreground color is dark.  When exporting a pdf from an org-mode buffer, the text is normally black.  Not in this case, however.

I have been pulling my hair out for quite a while about this.  I have had to completely alter my coloration pattern of emacs to use this facility.

Can I incorporate a temporary selection of a different color-theme-* or a neutral coloring scheme into the code that produces that PDF by the C-u C-x C-w method?

I removed all manner of coloration, to get this working at all.  Well, I just bought a monochrome laser printer, and even then, the light colored foreground-color (like yellow) print in an illegible shade of light gray.

What have I been doing wrong?  Any clues?

Alan Davis

"An inviscid theory of flow renders the screw useless, but the need for one non-existent."                     ---Lord Raleigh (John William Strutt), or else his son, who was also a scientist.

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
    ---- Bertrand Russell