Re: [Orgmode] Setting org-log-into-drawer in a property

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Setting org-log-into-drawer in a property
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:38:24 +0200

On May 19, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Daniel J. Sinder wrote:

Most of my tasks have only one state change (TODO->DONE), so I like to be able to quickly see my log notes by fully expanding all headings in a sub-tree.  Thus, I do NOT use the LOGBOOK property.

However, for repeating items the list of log entries can get quite long.  If I fully expand a sub-tree with a repeating task, the log notes push the rest of the tree off the screen.  I'd rather if *only* repeating tasks (and perhaps select other tasks) used the LOGBOOK property to keep the log notes hidden in a drawer.

This brings me to my question and possible feature request.  The LOGGING property allows us to set logging preference on a sub-tree basis.  Is it possible to set the value of org-log-into-drawer on a sub-tree basis, either via the LOGGING property or some other property?  If not, would it be possible to add this capability?

That does make sense.

Please use the new LOG_INTO_DRAWER property for this purpose.

- Carsten