Re: [Orgmode] Not inserting new lines

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Not inserting new lines
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 13:53:29 +0200

Hi

Does this only happen at the end of the file, or anywhere
inside the file as well?

- Carsten

On May 23, 2009, at 1:23 PM, Konstantin Antipin wrote:

Dear all,
While I am enjoying the power of orgmode, one thing annoys me.
If I have todo-item
     ** TODO Fix orgmode endline problem    :emacs:

And I want, for example, to add some property. I use \C-c\C-xp for
that. Here is the result:
     ** TODO Fix orgmode endline problem :emacs: :PROPERTIES:

The problem is that orgmode does not insert new lines correctly and thus treats
" :PROPERTIES:    :DESCRIPTION: need to send email to the mailing list
:END: " as a simple text, as a header.
And I need to insert new lines manually:
** TODO Fix orgmode endline problem :emacs:
 :PROPERTIES:
 :END:
After manual correction orgmode correctly recognize property.

This problem exists not only for properties, but basically for
everything - When adding new item to the file with remember, or using
CLOCK.

I understand, that this is the problem with my setup somehow, since I
seems to be the only one who have this problem...

Need some help with that :)
Konstantin