[Orgmode] I must be missing something...

From: David Abrahams
Subject: [Orgmode] I must be missing something...
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 09:41:13 -0400

Hi,

I've been using and studying org mode for a few months now, and though
it seems to have great potential, some things still escape me.  For
example, do my DONE items simply accumulate forever in todo.org?  I know
there's an archiving feature... do I move those done items manually to
an archive when I no longer need to see them?

Also, how do I manage my projects?  Org mode seems to "want" to put
everything in one big file.  I know I *can* separate trees by file, but
it doesn't seem to be very convenient to do so.  For example, if I'm
visiting a project file, is there a way to get an agenda view on just
/that/ file without having to modify org-agenda-files?

I know I'm being a bit vague, but so far the basic operations of
org-mode, which were very fast to use at first, haven't "scaled up" very
easily to handle my whole life, and I'm not sure how to get there.

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing