Re: [Orgmode] Sourceforge community award

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Sourceforge community award
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 08:54:07 -0400

> 1. Complete this sentence in about 140 characters: "Our project is
> [-foo-]."  For example, "Our project is a tool that helps you wash your
> car."

Our project is a uniquely rich life management and publishing tool, with
immense potential for extension by virtue of its implementation in
emacs.

> 2. Complete this sentence, also in about 140 characters: "We should win
> because [-bar-]."  For example, "We should win because we have a strong
> community and we solve a universal problem."

We should win because org is an immensely flexible and yet razor-sharp
tool for users today, built out of code that will be extended for
decades to come.

[My two sentences are rather similar...]

> 3. Please provide a logo (or screenshot, if you'd prefer) for your
> project.  It should be at least 640x480, but we'll also be showing it
> as a thumbnail.

I tend to think that we want a screenshot. I doubt it would be as hard
to describe all the features of any of our competitors as it is for org!
So a screenshot seems like a good chance to pack it all in. I like
Brian's suggestion of split-windows. Maybe we could collaborate on a
bundle containing a minimal .emacs, color-theme code, and an org file
that sets up the color scheme, window confuguration and contents, and
people could submit patches / screenshots to improve it? [I like the win
competition checkbox]

Dan