Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:49:49 +0200

I also do like Brian's description a lot.  But it is 190 characters,
I am not sure if we can stretch the "about 140" this much?  I have
been trying to shorten it a bit - please check if it still captures
the essence.....

Here is the current state of our reply to Sourceforge - please comment

1. Complete this sentence in about 140 characters: "Our project is
[-foo-]." For example, "Our project is a tool that helps you wash your
car."

Org-mode masters personal/project information your way, in plain text,
   with features out of your way until you want them, backed by the
   power of Emacs.

2. Complete this sentence, also in about 140 characters: "We should win because [-bar-]." For example, "We should win because we have a strong
community and we solve a universal problem."

   We should win because by allowing people to evolve their
   productive selves, org-mode has created one of the best
   communities in the open-source world.

3. Please provide a logo (or screenshot, if you'd prefer) for your
project.  It should be at least 640x480, but we'll also be showing it
as a thumbnail.

I am attaching the picture to this email, you can also retrieve it from

http://orgmode.org/Org-mode-scc.png

(((Thanks to Greg Newman for fixing up the unicorn and pasting it nicely
into the screenshot - any objections against this picture?  Note that
it needs to work as a thumbnail as well, which this one will, I believe.)))

For the time being, I am sending you this link, which is a Google Tech Talk
by me (Carsten Dominik, main author of Org-mode).

       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJTwQvgfgMM

Before the deadline you should get another email from Bastien Guerry,
with a link to a new video which we made just for this occasion.
If so, please link to that video instead.

5. In some cases, I'm mailing several people in your community because
I don't know who the right person is.  If you're not the right person
for me to be dealing with, please let me know.  I certainly don't want
to be irritating.

Main address:       address@hidden
Secondary address:  address@hidden

6. Our finalists are usually pretty interesting people.  Are you
willing to be contacted by our public relations team about interviews
with the press?

Yes.