[Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:59:45 +0000 (UTC)

Hi!

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2009-06-11 21:49 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> I am attaching the picture to this email, you can also retrieve it
>> from
>>
>> http://orgmode.org/Org-mode-scc.png
>
> That screen shot looks very beautiful. There's one minor glitch. The
> font is non anti-alias.

I agree, the screenshot is nice and shows some of the great features of
orgmode. I just want to add another think for consideration:

Pictures often give people their first impression of a software, as
stupid as it is. What do you all think of the used colors?

I personally dislike a too heavily colored look.
Especially given the fact, that the headlines in this screenshot are
short and the keywords long (cf. STARTED - Invite speakers [2/3]),
this results in a fruit salad like impression I think is rather distracting.
What about a using a *little* bit more decent coloring?

On the other hand, I know lots of people love heavy use of intense
colors, so maybe this really is the best way to get the right impression
out there.

What do you think? How do your org files look like?

memnon