RE: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award

From: Chris Randle
Subject: RE: [Orgmode] Re: Sourceforge community award
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:02:12 +0100

Rick Moynihan wrote:
> I think using analogy and metaphor might be a more effective way to
> get the message across in 140 characters.  So rather than describing
> org-mode features in this constraint are we not better using the
> opportunity to pique curiosity?

I'd been mulling this one over for a while. Don't know how good/apt
others think these are:

"Org-mode: stop texting your friends and start texting your life".

or

"Org-mode, for when you're ready to text your life."

Something along those lines. Of course this collapses utterly if you
don't use the expression "texting" to mean sending a text message via
the SMS on a mobile/cell phone. It's common in the UK; beyond there, I
don't know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Text_messaging

--
Chris Randle