Re: [Orgmode] HTML export with one key

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] HTML export with one key
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 18:12:08 +0200

Stefan Vollmar <address@hidden> writes:
> Hello,
>
> I am excited about using org-mode for generating HTML code, in fact, for one
> project I do that so frequently that I wanted to have a simple  shortcut
> instead
> of having to press:
> C-x C-s  C-c C-e b

C-c C-e b

is enough. No need to save the buffer first. The exporter reads the
contents from the buffer if open.

   Sebastian

> I have tried (I know very little Lisp, sorry):
>
> (defun my-org-export ()
> "save, then export current org file to html, open in browser"
>   (save-buffer)
>   (interactive)
>   (org-export-as-html-and-open t))
>
> (global-set-key [(f2)] 'my-org-export)
>
> ... which does most of the job as intended. However, using this function
> yields
> HTML output which renders second- and third-level  headlines into itemized
> lists
> whereas I want to have the default  behaviour (1.1, 1.2, 1.2.3, etc).

Hm - you mean the exporter behaves differently if called through this
function?

I'd have thought is is related to your setting of
`org-export-headline-levels', possibly overwritten by your in-buffer
settings:

change the `3' to the number of levels you want to be displayed as
headlines (max. 6 for HTML, max. 4 (?) for LaTeX).

   Sebastian