Re: [Orgmode] Re: BUG: refile leaves END line of inline tasks

From: Peter Westlake
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: BUG: refile leaves END line of inline tasks
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:48:57 +0100

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 08:31 +0200, "Carsten Dominik"
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2009, at 4:44 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:
>
> > "Peter Westlake" <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> >> If you have a multi-line inline task, with an END line, then
> >> refiling it
> >> leaves the END line behind. Since it isn't needed at the
> >> destination, it
> >> should just be deleted.
> >>
> >>   *************** TODO example of refile bug
> >>                   C-c C-w takes these lines,
> >>                   but leaves the END line.
> >>   *************** END
>

> Hmm, refiling inline tasks?  Isn't this a contradiction in itself?

Well, I certainly understand what you mean, but the fact that I tried
to do it shows that it's sometimes needed! The use case is a small
TODO, noted in passing, being absorbed into a larger piece of work when
it becomes clear that there is a general problem to be solved.

These inline tasks mostly appear in the middle of my work log file,
which is the digital equivalent of a lab book or diary. Everything
I do at work gets written down as it happens, and that sometimes
includes TODO items.

> P.S. Of course we can change the behavior also in the first two points,
> but I would like to discuss first if this makes sense.....

Fair enough! It's also worth considering the point that the function
does actually work; it just leaves a spare END line.

Regards,

Peter.