[Orgmode] Re: Agenda display of tasks

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Agenda display of tasks
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:13:51 -0400

[replying to my own post]

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> I recently noticed that using SPACE or TAB in the agenda displays the
> task in the other window but all of the drawers are exposed.  If you
> fold the org file with S-TAB to Overview or Contents display and then
> switch to the agenda and SPACE or TAB on a folded task it unfolds the
> entire thing including the drawers.
>
> Expanding the file to SHOW ALL and then using follow mode from the
> agenda shows me the view I'm really looking for so that's what I'm doing
> as a workaround right now.
>
> While doing my weekly review of tasks I use follow mode to view task
> detail and the expanded :LOGBOOK: and :PROPERTIES: drawers hide detail
> scrolled off the bottom of the window.  My :LOGBOOK: drawer for repeated
> tasks tends to be l-o-n-g and shoves detail way down the file (such as
> my weekly review checklist :) ).
>
> Is it possible to control expansion of the drawers when displaying a
> task from the agenda?  The view I'm looking for is the same as SHOW ALL
> from S-TAB.  It seems that if the task is expanded from the agenda it
> expands everything including the drawers.
>
> Thanks,
> Bernt

This seems to have been a confused Emacs session on my part.  After
restarting it no longer behaves as described above (it doesn't expand
tasks past the headline by default -- which is the old behaviour I
remember)

My Emacs was definitely behaving weird - C-x o would cycle from the
agenda, to the org file, to the message window, then back to the agenda
with 2 windows open (and the message buffer).  After restarting emacs it
just cycles between the agenda and the org file (as expected).

Sorry for the noise,

-Bernt