Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-icons.el

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-icons.el
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:57:08 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

I just took the two minutes to clone your repo and install the
patch. It's working great. Easy install, no delay in re-display. Cool
stuff!

This is what all that I found to complain about so far:

It should be `org-icons-default-directory' in the docs on the frontpage?

Nicolas Girard <address@hidden> writes:
> Well, thanks for your support !
> By the way, you didn't give your opinion on using icons yourself. Please
> confess us, are you a text-only addicted kind of guy, or a flashy, glossy
> icons amateur...?

As for me, I see saw between "eye candy is great" and console-only :)
The last one, because eye candy slows my old machine down in many cases,
which org-icons does not.

Minor quirk: The TODO states are less visible with the default
theme. This is because the org-headline faces I use. The stars of a
headline are the same size as the icons.

Good work :) - thanks!

Best wishes

    Sebastian