Re: [Orgmode] unicorn image is not a link back to the front page on orgm

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] unicorn image is not a link back to the front page on orgmode.org
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 21:19:44 +0200

Greg Newman <address@hidden> writes:
> You're welcome.Fixed works too.  Absolute can act goofy if the main body and
> starting div aren't set to absolute.  I should have known better.
[1]

Fixed will not work in IE. It will scroll out of view if you scroll the
page.

See the bottom of org.css on how add the `absolute' positioning for IE
only (the simple way...). [2]

> Sebastion: divs work too on some browsers.  Some browsers (cough) IE will
> sometimes collapse them if they have no content.  I've  always had better
> luck with a transparent image.

Good, I heard that before. I guess it was IE 5 or something. Don't how
the MAC version of IE is (crap I guess).

It looks good and works (Linux FF 3 and Opera 10).

    Sebastian

[1] Actually, the position is choosen relative (default) or absolute to
    the next parent, that has a non-default `position'. This works in
    all browsers.

    Example:

      <!-- close link and icon here -->

    It's important, to add _no_ padding and _no_ margin to the elements
    meant for positioning. Paddings and margins are handled
    differently. IE does it all wrong then.

[2] This here might work (not sure if this works, if we position the img
    though. Maybe we'll have to position the link and use
    display:block;):

    * html a.logo-link {
       position: absolute;
       top: 0px;