Re: [Orgmode] Problem with org-info.js?

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Problem with org-info.js?
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:26:29 +0200

Xin Shi <address@hidden> writes:
> Hello Experts,
>
> I'm using org-6.28b and the fresh org-info.js (a few minutes ago). I publish
> org file into HTML with #+INFOJS_OPT: view:info. Just like this page:
> http://orgmode.org/Changes.html
>
> However, the internal links (such as [[#tag-name]]) still does not
> work.

Here it does. I wonder if we could finally help you, if you submitted a
simple test file that reproduces the problem.

As I wrote before, I can use custom IDs in the several documented ways
and they all work for me. Please send a test file so we have a chance to
find out where the problem is. I fear without a chance to reproduce the error,
we can not be of great help.

> When I hover the courser on the link, I can see it is correct. Somehow, the
> javascript just does not follow the link. Put it another way, once get into
> that page, all of the movement for the internal links are governed by
> javascript only, only links like javascript:org_html_manager.go(12) works. I
> don't know if it's possible to fix it.

No. Not in info view. The info-view mode (and folding in plain view) is
done by hiding the other sections. To show a section, the script has to
show it again.

> For example, in the same page:
> http://orgmode.org/Changes.html
>
> although it already have "customed_id"s, such as #v6.27, when you click on
> the Version 6.27, the real link get you to there is
> javascript:org_html_manager.go(29). If one put a link on that page:
> [[#v6.27][Go to Version 6.27]], it might not work.

There is a script like that on the page, but the script changes all
those links to ensure that the script gets noticed if the link is
used. How else should the script show and hide sections as needed??

To see that, just click on the [[#v6.27][Go to Version 6.27]] and then
press `U'. Do you see the URL in the link the script shows on top of the
screen?

It looks like this:

   http://orgmode.org/Changes.html#v6.27

If you now click this link, you will come to that exact section.

   Sebastian